WP ADMIN : Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page. This article explains the solution in fixing the Cheatin’ uh issue faced while editing or customizing WordPress site.
- CHEATIN’ UH? YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED
- Sorry, you are not allowed to customize this site
- You are not allowed to customize the appearance of this site
The cause of the issue could be one of below reasons and can be fixed by,
- Make sure you clear any caching and deactivate any caching or performance plugins. This also includes server caching software like WP Super Cache. Click on Delete Cache from WP-Admin dashboard as below screenshot. Then deactivate the plugin and activate again.
- You could have deactivated one of the plugins recently. Reactivate each plugin one at a time until the problem is resolved. In one of my case, I deactivated the WooCommerce plugin. Later Once I activated again after delete cache solved the issue.
- Caused also by theme. You can also enable ‘WP_Debug’ and check the debug log for error messages.
- If none of these resolve the issue, there may be a problem with the settings. Try resetting your settings to the defaults and see if that fixes the problem. But before you do this, you will want to export your settings so you can restore them after testing.
Note: Start by taking a full backup of your WordPress site, including all files and the database before taking major action.